What can parents do to make learning fun and better their student’s education?
- Share a love of learning and set a good example by reading, practicing math facts, playing with money (identify coins/make change), writing letters and/or lists, comparing prices, etc.
- Make learning fun by playing educational games, visiting the library, and listening to and talking with your child.
- Show interest in your child’s school day by asking specific questions and praising effort and improvement.
- Go over homework assignments with your child.
- Check your student’s backpack and folder for information.
- Give your child a quiet place to study.
- Spend at least 15 minutes each day reading with your child.
- Make sure your child has good attendance.
- Attend meetings concerning your child.
- Contact your child’s teacher with any questions or concerns that you have so that students see parents and school staff as a team working in their best interest.
Be positive about school staff, the district, and learning.