Lack-Tuscarora Elementary School, home of the Indians.
This is just a friendly reminder that shorts are no longer permitted in school until April 1, 2018.
School-wide Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS) is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Emphasis is placed on prevention of problem behavior, development of prosocial skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. School-wide PBIS increases the capacity of schools to educate all students utilizing research-based school-wide, classroom, and individualized interventions.
ELA: April 5th and 6th
Math: April 25th and 26th
Science: May 2nd
What can parents do to make learning fun and better their student’s education?
- Share a love of learning and set a good example by reading, practicing math facts, playing with money (identify coins/make change), writing letters and/or lists, comparing prices, etc.
- Make learning fun by playing educational games, visiting the library, and listening to and talking with your child.
- Show interest in your child’s school day by asking specific questions and praising effort and improvement.
- Go over homework assignments with your child.
- Check your student’s backpack and folder for information.
- Give your child a quiet place to study.
- Spend at least 15 minutes each day reading with your child.
- Make sure your child has good attendance.
- Attend meetings concerning your child.
- Contact your child’s teacher with any questions or concerns that you have so that students see parents and school staff as a team working in their best interest.
Be positive about school staff, the district, and learning.
The Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit Program allows businesses to contribute to an opportunity scholarship organization that provides funding to eligible students who reside within the attendance boundaries of low-achieving schools.
For more information click the links below: