Lack-Tuscarora Elementary School, Home of the Indians.
Click HERE to preview the new Juniata Elementary School site (work in progress)
This is just a friendly reminder that shorts are permitted in school as of April 1, 2018.
|ELA||April 9-13, 2018||Grade 3-5|
|Math||April 16-20, 2018||Grade 3-5|
|Science||April 23-27, 2018||Grade 4|
School-wide Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS) is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Emphasis is placed on prevention of problem behavior, development of prosocial skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. School-wide PBIS increases the capacity of schools to educate all students utilizing research-based school-wide, classroom, and individualized interventions.
What can parents do to make learning fun and better their student’s education?
- Share a love of learning and set a good example by reading, practicing math facts, playing with money (identify coins/make change), writing letters and/or lists, comparing prices, etc.
- Make learning fun by playing educational games, visiting the library, and listening to and talking with your child.
- Show interest in your child’s school day by asking specific questions and praising effort and improvement.
- Go over homework assignments with your child.
- Check your student’s backpack and folder for information.
- Give your child a quiet place to study.
- Spend at least 15 minutes each day reading with your child.
- Make sure your child has good attendance.
- Attend meetings concerning your child.
- Contact your child’s teacher with any questions or concerns that you have so that students see parents and school staff as a team working in their best interest.
Be positive about school staff, the district, and learning.