Parents please come in and meet your child’s teacher for Open House on September 14th from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Find out what is new with PBIS. You will also have an opportunity to sign up for parent teacher conferences that will be held on the following dates:
Thursday November 9th from 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Thursday November 9th from 5:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Friday November 10th from 8:00 AM -11:30 AM
What can parents do to make learning fun and better their student’s education?
- Share a love of learning and set a good example by reading, practicing math facts, playing with money (identify coins/make change), writing letters and/or lists, comparing prices, etc.
- Make learning fun by playing educational games, visiting the library, and listening to and talking with your child.
- Show interest in your child’s school day by asking specific questions and praising effort and improvement.
- Go over homework assignments with your child.
- Check your student’s backpack and folder for information.
- Give your child a quiet place to study.
- Spend at least 15 minutes each day reading with your child.
- Make sure your child has good attendance.
- Attend meetings concerning your child.
- Contact your child’s teacher with any questions or concerns that you have so that students see parents and school staff as a team working in their best interest.
Be positive about school staff, the district, and learning.
The Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit Program allows businesses to contribute to an opportunity scholarship organization that provides funding to eligible students who reside within the attendance boundaries of low-achieving schools.
For more information click the links below: