Home & School
Home and School meetings are the first Tuesday of every month at 6:30pm with the next home and school meeting being Tuesday October 4 at 6:30.
Give Me 5 Information – To be eligible but not guaranteed to go on a field trip, one must have 5 logged hours of volunteer time and have attended one Home and School Meeting. The length of the meeting is not to be counted as part of the five hours. If one is unable to attend a meeting, then 10 hours of volunteer time is required. Please contact your child’s school concerning ways to achieve 5 total hours of volunteer time.
SCHOOL VOLUNTEER CLEARANCES
- The law now requires all school employees, contractors and volunteers having direct contact with children to obtain new clearances (child abuse history clearance and state and federal criminal history checks) every five years.
- For purposes of the CPSL clearance requirements, a volunteer is an adult serving in an unpaid position in which they are individually responsible for the welfare of a child or have “direct contact with children” (care, supervision, guidance or control of children, or routine interaction with children).
- 23 Pa. C.S. § 6344.2 requires any prospective volunteer who will have direct contact with children to obtain all three of the usual background checks/clearances first (FBI, PSP & child abuse).
- The only exception is that a prospective volunteer does not need a FBI background check if all of the following are true: (1) the position is unpaid, (2) the person in question has been a Pennsylvania resident for the last ten years, and (3) the person in question swears in writing he or she is not disqualified from service under 23 Pa. C.S. § 6344(c).
- No matter what, all volunteers who have direct contact with children must obtain the PSP background check and the child abuse clearance.
To obtain your clearances as a volunteer, please access the following websites. The clearances can now both be obtained online. Pennsylvania State Police Background Check: https://epatch.state.pa.us Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse Clearance: http://www.dhs.state.pa.us/findaform/childabusehistoryclearanceforms/index.htm